Stress can impact us all at many different times in our life. As the theme of this year’s Mental Health Awareness Week 2023, we have explored some of the recommended guidelines for coping with stress and anxiety in our lives.
1. Take deep breaths: Taking slow, deep breaths can help reduce stress and calm down quickly.
2. Talk to someone: It’s important to talk to a trusted friend, family member, or mental health professional when you’re feeling overwhelmed. This can help you work through and manage your stress.
3. Exercise: Exercise can help reduce stress and improve your mood.
4. Get enough sleep: Sleep deprivation can make it harder to cope with stress. Make sure you’re getting enough rest.
5. Spend time in nature: Spending time in nature can reduce stress and help you de-stress.
6. Practice relaxation techniques: Relaxation techniques, such as mindfulness and yoga, can help reduce stress and make it easier to cope.
7. Develop healthy coping skills: Developing healthy coping skills, such as writing, eating healthy, and spending time with friends, can help you manage stress in the long term.