Care and Support Planning
We do not believe in a one-size-fits-all approach to providing care and support. We work with each person to develop a bespoke person-centred plan which reflects their needs and choices. This plan is developed with you and any other person involved in supporting you such as family members, GPs and nurses which enables us to get to know what is important to you.
The Planning Process
When you first enter one of our services, a care coordinator will begin discussing your needs and requirements in order to produce a care plan that suits you.
Our staff will help you articulate what kind of care and support you would like to receive from Aspire.
Together, we will help you think about:
- What is important to you
- How you would like to be supported
- What you would like to achieve
- Any rules for carers when they are in your home
This information is then written into your plan, which belongs to you, and is then shared with your support team to provide a basis for your day-to-day support.
Benefits of our approach
The benefits of Person-Centred Care are:
- You remain at the centre of your care plan. It is your plan so support will continue in a way you are comfortable and happy with.
- You maintain choice and control over your life and the care that is provided. It is important you continue to be involved with decisions so our staff will consult with you every step of the way.
- Your care will be developed by you, your loved ones and healthcare professionals so that any major decisions that concern your care will be a combined effort.
- You will be treated by a consistent team of staff who are familiar with your care plan. Our staff will fit in with your needs and lifestyle to ensure you get the best kind of care and support.
This enables you to become familiar with your team and develop positive working relationships. Your team will be trained to meet your individual needs.
This plan continues to be reviewed and, if at any time we feel it is no longer meeting your needs or you want to make any changes, then it will be updated and shared with you and your team.